1. Go to: https://signup.wordpress.com/signup/?user=1 to sign up for an account
2. Sign up:
3. You will see the screen below. You need to check your email to activate the account.
4. The activation email looks like:
5. When you're successful, you will be taken to a page that gives you another opportunity to sign up for a blog. Ignore it.
6. You need to let me know you've got an account so I can give you permissions. There are two ways to do this:
a. Once you've set up your account, use the class email system to send me your username and email
b. If you want posts emailed to you - so you know when to comment, you can click on My Account in the upper left, then Dashboard, the Subscriptions and put in: profpayne.wordpress.com - this will email me the necessary information.
9. Once you're added as a user, the blog will appear in your dashboard.
10. Click on the New Post button.
11. To add an image:
12. You can use an image from your computer or the web. Be sure that it is not copyrighted. Ask or try http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page OR check out Flickr Creative Commons - http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/ be sure to cite as directed.
From your computer:
Be sure to give a caption, etc. (see below.)
From the web:
13. Click the Insert into Post button at the bottom and you should be good to go.
14. Be sure to click on the Publish button.
15. Check your published post to made sure everything is okay. If not, click the edit button and fix the problem.
To logout, Click on My Account in the upper left and click on logout (it's at the bottom of the pop-up menu).