WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE EXPERIENCE
MODULE 9: Policy & Procedures, Accreditation/licensures
AHIMA DOMAINS AND TASKS:
III.C.4 (RHIA) & III.C.4 (RHIT) Assist in preparing the facility for an accreditation, licensing, and/or certification survey
V.3 (RHIA & RHIT) Develop departmental procedures
V.B.11 (RHIA) & V.7 (RHIT) Provide consultation, education, and training to users of health information services.
1. To become knowledgeable of a manual used within the HIM department composed of policies and procedures for departmental processes.
2. To be knowledgeable of the presence of job descriptions for staff positions.
3. To understand the licensures and accreditations of the acute care facility.
1. Obtain a copy of a policy and procedure on a task that you completed in this facility.
2. Under preceptors direction, review the policy and procedure. Determine all of the steps required for the procedure. Is it sequenced properly? Could this procedure be affected by changes in other procedures? Explain and attach a copy of the policy and procedure.
3. Obtain a copy of a job description of a staff member in this facility whose responsibility is for one of the tasks you completed. Attach a copy to this module.
GRADING: 30 pts
10 pts for each assignment
1. preceptor verification (signature) ________/10
2. summary of policy and procedure ________/10
3. copy of job description ________/10
DATE OF COMPLETION: __________________________