in Education of the Gifted
Courses in Education of the Gifted
that lead to a Utah State Office of
Education endorsement in Education
of the Gifted are offered through the
Weber State University Masters Program.
All gifted endorsement courses may
be used as electives toward the MEd
Course requirements include 16 credit
hours of approved courses:
• MED 6420 Foundations in Education of the Gifted (3)
• MED 6480 Differentiated Curriculum for the Gifted (3)
• MED 6490 Assessment and Evaluation in Education of the Gifted
• MED 6495 Action Research in Education of the Gifted (3)
One of the following is required:
• MED 6450 Creativity and Applied Imagination (2)
• MED 6470 Teaching for Thinking (2)
• One additional masters level course
is also required, (at least 2 credit
hours) in a content area such as math, language arts,
The requirements in the gifted endorsement
program at WSU have been recently updated.
If you began the program Spring 2008 or before,
you may complete using the old requirements.
If you are beginning the endorsement
in the Summer of 2008 or after, you
must use the new requirements.
When course requirments are completed, submit
the appropriate application forms,
verifying transcripts, and fees to
Kristin Radulovich, Advisement Center,
WSU Teacher Education, 1304 University
Circle, Ogden UT 84401-1304. Kristin's
phone number is (801) 626-6209, or
email at email@example.com.
Check the following links for information and application
Old and New Requirements
GT Endorsement Application
This is the Endorsement Checklist from the Utah Office of Education: